One person was killed and another was injured when a boat caught fire and exploded Wednesday afternoon. Read more…
The two-story garage was virtually flattened and the house behind it, at 11 Second Ave., gutted. Neighbors also said a barn at an adjoining house was destroyed. Windows broke at nearby homes and flames damaged several cars, neighbors said. The house at 11 Second Ave., just behind MacNeill’s, was destroyed by the explosion. More photos…
That was the scene as Port Washington had one of the biggest blazes in recent history, with a garage on Prospect Avenue exploding and destroying the house behind it, killing one man and sending flames over 100 feet into the air. Read more…
The man found dead after Tuesday’s explosion and fire on Prospect Avenue in Port Washington was Michael MacNeill, the estranged husband of the home’s resident, neighbors said Thursday. And his Facebook page gives a chilling foretelling of what his fate would be. Read more…
Upon their arrival they were met by a 39 year old female and a 2 year old child who they evacuated from the home due to the strong odor of gasoline emanating from the area. As they led the individuals to safety the detached garage exploded and burst into flames.
The Port Washington Fire department assisted by numerous additional departments responded to extinguish the fire. The fire caused was damage to some neighboring homes and property.
A body of a man was discovered deceased inside the garage.
Four fire fighters and one Port Washington Police officer suffered minor injuries. The investigation is ongoing.
Port Washington had one of the biggest blazes in recent history Tuesday night, when a garage on Prospect Avenue exploded and destroyed the house behind it, killing one man and sending flames over 50 feet into the air. Read more…
At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 5, firefighters were summoned to 10 Prospect Avenue as a garage exploded. The fire spread to another nearby garage.
The call was instantly increased to a five alarm to receive mutual aide from the surrounding areas including Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department. The fire has been extinguished with ruins still smoldering.
First responders are at the scene. One individual has been killed.
More information as it comes available.
The high end luxury sleep furnishings retailer, Duxiana, at 1522 Northern Blvd. experienced a jarring wake up call one Monday night in late June.
Store owner, Joan LaPallo received a phone call urgently summoning her come to the store because her alarm was going off on Monday evening, June 30 at around 6:30 p.m.
On Saturday, 7/5-7/6 from 6:30 p.m. until 6 a.m. on Plandome Road in Manhasset a victim reports unknown subject(s) broke the passenger-side window with a rock and removed property. [Read more...]
The event welcomed local fire departments to display their antique trucks for all to see.