Here is an update on the power outages from PSEG LI
PSEG Long Island: Storm Update—August 4, 2015 11:30 a.m.
We will send updates today at, 5:00 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- PSEG Long Island is reporting that as of 11:45 a.m., 35,360 of the approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways, are currently without service.
- As of 11:40 a.m. PSEG Long Island has restored 28416 customers
- Over 63,000 customers were affected earlier this morning from a significant storm taking down trees, branches and power lines across the territory.
- Our Riverhead and Coram customer offices are open and will have the following services available:
- Charging Stations
- Crews from PSE&G in New Jersey are being mobilized to provide assistance with PSEG Long Island’s restoration efforts.
- Crews will continue to work to restore customers as quickly and safely as possible.
- The hardest hit areas are north of Jericho Turnpike, east of the Nassau border and in the Towns of Smithtown and Brookhaven.
Stay in touch and stay safe with PSEG Long Island:
- To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075
- Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454)
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Check for updates using our outage map at https://www.psegliny.com/c.cfm/Outage
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for restoration progress. Do not report outages through our social media pages
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Please visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Sesame to learn about the PSEG and Sesame Street App “Let’s Get Ready: Planning Together for Emergencies”
- Watch our YouTube videos at https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/StormCenter for tips on how to prepare your family and how power is restored after a storm.